Water cooled resistors
Most ships have a chilled water system, which circulates cool water throughout the vessel, used for both air conditioning and equipment cooling. It is usually straightforward to incorporate resistors of the type shown into these circuits.
Our standard range has the following features, using vessels, cable box and fittings constructed from 316 grade stainless steel:
• Continuous power: 100kW – 1800kW
• Vessel size: 1700–3700mm long
• Vessel bore: 200-500mm dia.
• Voltage rating: 800V DC
• Elements: Mineral insulated with Incoloy sheath, test voltage 2.5kV.
• Operating pressure: 3 bar, test pressure 10 bar.
• Cable box: IP56 complete with automatic anti-condensation heater and terminals for one capillary thermostat and one PT100 temperature sensor